Thursday, December 18, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!




I love to decorate for the holidays,I caught the "Holiday Decorating Bug" from my Mom. Ever since I was little I can remember my Mom going all out for almost every Holiday-I loved it. I have had a lot of fun decorating my home, and when Christmas was starting to get closer, I was getting really excited!

The day after Christmas last year, I went to Lowe's and got everything for our home at almost no cost. Our pre-lit $250 tree, I got for $70. That was the biggest price tag. But it is so pretty- it came with pine cones and red berries on it too! Christmas lights that sold for $12.97 a box, we got for 10 cents. We got 16 boxes! We are set for life I think. Tree skirt- $5.00, stocking holder- $2.00, Garland- $2.00, Santa Clause- $1.00. I'm not looking to brag, I'm just trying to share with you the experience I had last year. It was really fun getting these great bargains!!! So if you want really nice Christmas decorations next year for less, head to Lowe's, and "let's build something together"! :)

3 comments:

sara said...

ooooo, thanks for the tip. I'm totally planning on going out the day after chrismas, but I hadn't thought of Lowe's. I'll have to make that one of my stops since I don't have any decorations!

Sarah said...

How fun that you grew up like that. I hate paying full price for anything and need to remember to buy some new Christmas decorations this year!

Amanda XOX said...

Wow! That's a bargain if I ever heard of one. Usually you'd have to wait for months to find "stuff" for 10 cents. I just might head out to Lowe's too!